The Manteca Police Department is pleased to announce the return of its popular Citizens Police Academy. The Citizens Police Academy offers members of the community an up close and personal look at how the Manteca Police Department operates. This program brings community members together to experience firsthand how the Manteca Police Department responds to and investigates criminal activity in our community. Attendees will learn about various police assignments, responsibilities, equipment and techniques which are employed to carry out our mission. Attendees will observe all aspects of police operations including Patrol, Investigations, Forensics, S.W.A.T. and K-9 operations to name a few. Classes are free and will be held every Thursday evening from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for 7 weeks beginning October 25, 2018 and ending on December 13, 2018. Note: A class will not be held on Thursday, November 22, 2018 in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older to attend the Citizens Academy.
2. A criminal history check will be conducted on each applicant. Applicants with a questionable record will be admitted only upon approval of the Program Director.
3. Participants are required to wear appropriate attire similar to business casual.
4. Participants are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Failure to comply may lead to dismissal.
5. Participants are not permitted to carry weapons.
6. Accepted participants will receive a confirmation email.
7. Class size is limited. Priority is given to persons living and/or working within the City of Manteca.
8. Participants are asked to commit to the full term of the course (7 weeks). Consideration will be given for unforeseen circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, October 11th 2018. If you would like additional information, please contact:
Sergeant Joshua Sweeten, (209) 456-8285, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lt. Paul Carmona (209) 456-8130, email@example.com